Sunday, February 10, 2013

A new stage (JNCIP) in the begins...

I've finished "The Phoenix Project" (check my previous post for a quick initial review), so its back to the non-fiction books and readings.  Since routing is not generally a strength of mine, and I have a fairly large scale security project coming up, I have decided to put my Juniper JNCIE-ENT journey on hold for the time being, and focus more on the security track with JUNOS.  I will be quickly pursuing the JNCIP-SEC.  I got my JNCIS-SEC two weeks ago, so I feel its time to keep the momentum going and get it done.

I'll be posting my progress here as well as little tidbits through my twitter page, so feel free to follow along.  I've been reading up on the exam study guides, and luckily the JNCIP-SEC doesn't focus too much on UTM features, which I particularly didn't do so well on the last exam, so that is a relief to me.  I will have to focus more on a different styles of VPN technology within the higher end SRX lines,  as well continue to strengthen my skills with NAT, and begin learning about IPv6 security.  I've also read that there is a fair amount of IDP questions, so look for some posts related to that as well.

Now the struggle will be to source a few bits of lab kit.  I can get an SRX240H for a bit, but in order for this to REALLY work, I need an SRX100 as well to borrow/buy for a month or two.  If you have one lying around and you are willing to be kindly and help a financially strapped network engineer out, I would appreciate it and find someway to return the favor and/or pay it forward as it were.

Hopefully I'll see this in my near future:






Signing out for the evening.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More