Monday, February 18, 2013

Still migrating

Well I'm still in the process of migrating this blog off to a "self"-hosted site, with services provided by Amazon EC2/S3 (western region thank you very much!).  Its been slower than I thought as I have had some personal issues come up as well as work related matters.  Hard to focus on other things.

That said, I'm having the talented folks over at Studio Stayne design a new site / brand logo for me.  They are responsible for the very well done logo for a well followed network blog (Network Janitor).

My original blog name was going to be along the lines of www.qopinc.org with the name of Quam Oculus Pravus, which goes back to my days playing EVE-Online.  It is roughly translated as "The Evil Eye" which is an ancient symbol that is used in trinkets to ward off evil.  It makes ABSOLUTELY no sense for a blog about networking/storage/datacenter technology.

After discussing some ideas back and forth with Stijn, I've decided to change it up a bit.  I'm going to keep a play on "Into the Void" however since that is currently taken, I am going to go with www.network-void.com.  Look for it soon.  I'm working through the process of setting up WordPress and getting my SSL certificates all legitimized and installed before I roll things out.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More